How to Restore Deleted Quickbooks Files or Data?
Posted by Learnaside on 07/14/2020
Your Quickbooks files contain a lot of data of your file or other and it becomes most painful whenever you lost these files either by your mistake or due to any other reason. You face such kind of situations you will have not taken any back up of your Quickbooks files and it is one of the biggest mistakes you ever do. It is possible to recover data from a lost Quickbooks files but you will wait for fewer days without using Quickbooks where data recovery experts will work on it. But there is also a possible way to recover your data with the help of Auto Data Recovery feature which is available in the latest Quickbooks versions. Most of the users don’t know how to recover Quickbooks data from formatted hard drive even it’s a very simple process and if you want to know the process, then follow the mentioned instructions.
Follow the below simple steps to restore deleted Quickbooks data or files:
Method 1: Use .QBW.adr and .TLG.adr files
- First of all, you need to create a new folder on your computer named QBTest.
- Now open that folder where the file of your company is saved and then look for QuickbooksAutoDataRecovery folder.
- Now copy the .TLG and .QBW.adr files files and then paste to the QBTest folder.
- After that, remove .adr from the end of the files you pasted in QBTest folder.
- Now open your Quickbooks and then open the saved file on your QBTest folder that you use to verify your all transactions.
- Now run the verify utility to check the integrity of the company file and it will be recovered very easily.
Method 2: Use current .TLG and .QBW.adr files
- Create a folder on your desktop and rename it to QBTest.
- Open the folder where the file of your company is saved and then copy the .tlg file of your company.
- Now paste the copied .tlg file in QBTest folder.
- Now open the QuickbooksAutoDataRecovery folder and then copy the .QBW.adr file and then paste to the QBTest folder.
- After that, right-click on .QBW.adr file and then delete .adr from the end of the file.
- Now open the Quickbooks and then open the saved file of your company in order to verify the transactions.
- Now you can delete the damaged file and move the original file to the origin location. These above-listed steps about how to restore deleted Quickbooks files can help you to recover your deleted data and files in a very simple manner. If you still need any kind of assistance, then contact the support team of Quickbooks for better solutions. Read Also: How To Reset QuickBooks Admin Password?