How Do I Manually Set up Gmail in Outlook?
Posted by Online-geeks on 04/08/2021
In today’s trend of work from home, we remain mostly on our PCs. Email plays a great role in coordinating with our colleagues; therefore, we have to open Gmail on the browser very often and switch between different email accounts, which wastes a significant amount of our time. Thus, to remove this headache we should do the Gmail setup In Outlook, which is a desktop application, by using it we need not always open the browser for accessing email. We can also pin Outlook to our taskbar on the desktop and we will be just a click away from opening our Gmail inbox.
So, without wasting much more time on listing its benefits, let’s jump right into the process.
Steps to Add Gmail Account in Outlook
Following is the process of adding Gmail to Outlook very easily and you will be left with no doubts after going through it. These steps can also be used to add more email accounts to Outlook and these remain the same when you have an account already added to Outlook.
Setting in Windows
- Open your Outlook desktop application.
- Go to the File and select the button “Add Account” in the top left corner of the window visible.
- A new window will come forward to you, where a text field will be present in the middle in which you have to fill in your Gmail address.
- After correctly filling in your email address, click on the button “Connect” for doing the Gmail setup In Outlook.
- As soon as you click that button, Outlook will redirect you to a Google window, where you have to enter the password for that email address.
- Click on the “Sign In” button.
- If you have 2 step verification for Gmail login enabled, then you will receive a code on the phone number linked to your Gmail account which you have to enter in the prompted window and then click “Done”.
- Again, a Google window will appear, asking for access through Microsoft App, there, click “Allow”.
- After Outlook finished syncing the account you have to click “Done” to end the process of adding Gmail to Outlook.
Setting in Mac
- Open Outlook on your PC.
- Go to the option of Preferences and then, click Accounts.
- Click on the plus (+) icon to add a new account.
- After clicking the “New Account”, type in your Gmail address and then tap on the “Continue” button to move forward for adding Gmail to Outlook.
- Enter your password and click the “Add Account” button.
- By clicking continue, you will be prompted to a google window where you have to sign in to your Gmail account.
- Allow permission to access Gmail from the different email clients.
- Check the option to open Microsoft Outlook.
- Lastly, in Outlook click “Done”.